The community of Ocean Beach and the larger progressive community of San Diego has
known the Ocean Beach Green Center as "The Green Store" for more than 26 years.
In 2015, we decided in order to expand our educational outreach and resources
it was time to become a nonprofit.
Thank You for Your Participation and Support!
Please Support Local Independent Ocean Beach Businesses!
No Target in Ocean Beach!
Why we oppose Target in OB
- Target in Ocean Beach is in direct opposition to the City Adopted Ocean Beach Community Plan in many areas, some of which are: preserving the Community character; promoting a pedestrian friendly commercial district; supporting local business growth; meeting parking requirements.
- The impact that Target in Ocean Beach will be detrimental to our local independent businesses' struggle to survive on our main street and the local economy of Ocean Beach will suffer. Target existing in Ocean Beach will start a trend of other corporations moving into the community, as it is well known that corporations "cluster".
- Target in Ocean Beach will have a negative effect on tourism; not just in Ocean Beach, but will have a widespread negative effect on San Diego as a whole.
- Target on Newport Avenue will bring heavy traffic through our library and elementary school area of our Community, causing a pedestrian hazard; and will bring increased air and noise pollution with the addition of not just more vehicles but with semi trailers bringing in their stock of mass purchased goods.
- More alcohol off-site sales are not needed in our already saturated Community.
BOYCOTT TARGET! COMMITMENT:
From this moment on,
I will no longer patronize Target
until the announcement is made
by Target that they
will not open a store in
Ocean Beach, California, 92107.
Be certain the voice of Boycott Target! is heard at the Corporate level!
Call, Write and send your letter today!
- Target Corporate Office Headquarters
Phone: (612) 304-6073
- Target.com Feedback path, via "help" from homepage
- Target Sports Arena
Phone: (619) 223-2491
Manager Email: Mark.email@example.com
Thank you for standing strong with
the Ocean Beach Community!
Visit us on Facebook!
Help Spread the Word for a Nation-wide Boycott!